Catastrophic personal injuries occur suddenly and unexpectedly — likely a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, or brain. They are often serious enough to become permanently debilitating and may require surgery and rehabilitation treatments. Victims who suffer from this kind of injury commonly end up battling financial hardships due to insurmountable medical expenses and inability to return to work.
Michael Cristalli is an experienced attorney in catastrophic personal injury law and has litigated some of the most high-profile cases in the state of Nevada and nationwide. He can help victims get the financial relief they are entitled to, including damages for:
- Medical Expenses
- Income Loss
- Pain and Suffering
- Lowered Quality of Life
One of five powerhouse partners at Gentile Cristalli Miller Armeni Savarese (GCMAS), Cristalli takes a modern approach to every case he touches and is known for his honesty and integrity. A true fighter for justice, he treats every client as if they are his only one.
So far, Cristalli has obtained millions of dollars in awards for his seriously injured clients. He is an experienced trial lawyer who prepares his cases to recover maximum damages. This gives victims the closure they deserve after being faced with having to overcome a life-altering injury.
Although Cristalli specializes in catastrophic personal injury, he is a veteran trial lawyer with experience in several practice areas, including plaintiff personal injury, appeal’s, business litigation, civil rights actions, complex civil litigation, criminal, federal white collar criminal defense, government investigations, and transactional law. Cristalli now focuses his practice on Serious Personal Injury cases.
Cristalli’s Notable Cases:
- Successfully obtained millions of dollars in awards for his seriously injured clients.
- Provided legal representation resulting in substantial monetary awards for multiple plaintiffs in 1983 civil rights matters.
- Successfully defended Sandy Murphy in the nationally covered 2004 re-trial accusing Murphy of murdering casino heir, Ted Binion.
- Recognized before the Nevada courts as death-qualified to provide representation in capital murder cases; none of his five death cases resulted in death sentences.
- Successfully preserved a defendant’s Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel in State v. Ryan. This case is currently the recognized holding dealing with conflict waivers in the State of Nevada, and relied upon by Nevada courts.
Cristalli created and starred in a documentary called “The Defenders,” which highlighted his practice. The documentary was developed into a CBS network drama entitled “The Defenders,” starring Jim Belushi and Jerry O’Connell. Cristalli served as an executive consultant on the show and worked extensively on scripts in collaboration with the writers.
You may also recognize him as a legal analyst for media outlets like MSNBC, Larry King Live, and Good Morning America. Many of his cases have also been featured on Dateline, 48 Hours, Lifetime, and Snapped.